The Port Moody Heritage Society maintains a collection of artifacts and archival material related to the heritage of the Port Moody area. The collection includes over 20,000 artifacts.
Highlights of the collection include:
- 7,500 historical photographs,
- over 200 recorded oral histories from Port Moody residents,
- the water and tax rolls from the City of Port Moody dating back to 1913,
- Canadian Pacific Railway objects and memorabilia,
- local papers including 51 editions of the Port Moody Gazette dating back to 1883.
We welcome donations of artifacts pertaining to Port Moody’s heritage. Items we are currently looking for:
- Port Moody school yearbooks,
- historical photos of Port Moody,
- objects owned or used by immigrants (especially Asian) who lived in Port Moody,
- objects used by businesses operating in Port Moody pre-1960,
- objects owned by Port Moody pioneers pre-1930,
- objects relating to Port Moody development – building plans, maps, architectural models.Household items and other common tools and machines we keep ONLY if they have a specific Port Moody connection.
For more information about any of the above, contact us at 604-939-1648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.