July 1st is approaching quickly! What are you and your family doing before the fireworks on Canada Day? Coming to the Port Moody Station Museum from 10 am until 4 pm is a great way to spend your morning and afternoon!
Don’t forget about the Canada Day Kids’ Activity Train! We will have word searches, colouring sheets, a beaver puppet art project, and a lot of fun! Your kids can take home all of their projects to remember their special day at the Port Moody Station Museum. Alongside this we will have some Canada Day themed tattoos and bracelet making.
We will have the opening ceremonies at 10 am. This ceremony will pay tribute to our Community Heroes, Carol Todd, Gloria Cuccione, and Korean War Veterans.
Enjoy the entertainment, explore the McKnight Trench, and escape into our exciting displays. The schedule for performances is as follows
- 10:00 to 11:30 – Band of the 15th Field Regiment, RCA
- 11:45 to 12:45 – Dowco Triumph Street Pipe Band
- 1:00 to 1:30 – Cheondoong Performing Arts Society
- 1:40 to 2:00 – Canada Hapkido Kangho Martial Arts Academy’s Demonstration Team
- 2:15 to 3:00 – Vancouver Firefighters Band & HourGlass Cabaret
- 3:25 to 4:15 – The Palomars (Vancouver’s Rockabilly & Swing Band)
Among some of our exciting displays are the McKnight Trench Exhibit, a Korean cultural display, the 15th Field Artillery Regiment Museum & Archives Society, The Michael Cuccione Foundation, and The Amanda Todd Legacy Society. These are only a few of the many displays that the day will include. We are very thankful and very lucky to have such a great group of people joining us to help educate and to help have some fun.
The Port Moody Station Museum looks forward to seeing you on July 1st!